Friday, September 21, 2012

And so it begins...


too Paranoid To Sleep Disorder:

They train you to be fast and to think quicker
“It takes three pounds of force to pull a trigger”
Yet the weight from the ghosts seem bigger
Despite “support” and “blessings” from stickers.
                                                   
Dress blues, shined shoes and caskets.
The fact that you think you know is tragic.
Staring at yellow ribbons on cars in traffic
Just constant reminders of my last trip.

Never been here but since my arrival
I’ve had a rival threatening my survival
Far from the shores of America’s idols
Death comes to those who stay idle

War has no time for future hopes and fears.
Little difference between days and years
With a thin line between blood and tears
Smoke grenades make the coast clear.

I wake up to nightmares when I do sleep.
As the bodies of enemies flood the streets
Their kids cry out in languages I don’t speak
And the calendars says it’s only been a week.

I tried my best to avoid my sgt’s daughter
Asking why I made it and not her father
She hid her hatred just like he taught her
She blamed us for it all; I couldn’t fault her

Thought about  trying dying myself - but I can’t.
I have to suffer through life for those who can’t
Heartlessness got me a Purple Heart transplant
Now it seems I’m cursed to just curse and rant.


 If you take nothing away from what I say ...or don’t
 “God Bless the Troops” because God knows won’t.




No comments:

Post a Comment